Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Teeny Snack Called ScracK Griss


I know, I know. It's been awhile. I've been a busy bee but I have managed to fit in some food shopping along the way. Recently I was in my favorite Italian store in the Chelsea Market, buonItalia, where I always pick up canned cherry tomatoes and anchovies. While hunting for other items of sheer deliciousness, I found these bags of ScracK Griss (yes, the "K" is upper case). "A light & savory Italian snack" it states on the front of the bag along with photos of yummy-looking loaves of garlic and tomato and basil-laden breads. Since I was planning on making sauce that night I thought I'd take a chance on these as a possible accompaniment. After all, they were reasonably priced ($1.95) and sounded interesting, and who doesn't love garlic bread? I splurged and picked up two bags: Aglio e Prezzemolo (garlic and parsley), and Pomodoro e Basilico (tomato and basil). When it finally came time to sample the snacks, I was struck by how small they are (they're about the size of a loaf of bread that Barbie might bake). But more importantly, they taste delicious. I think they make a better bar snack than a side to a dish of pasta with sauce but I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised at how tasty these little crackers are. ScracK Griss, you rocK!

3 comments:

Amanda Cedrone said...

Mmmmmm, garlic :)

Anonymous said...

mmmmh, I just discovered these here.
So very yummy!! :]

Anonymous said...

Ze zaten in mijn kerstpakket.
Ze zijn inderdaad heerlijk, maar ik kan niet ontdekken,waar ik ze in een winkel in nederland kan kopen. Wel via internetwinkels, maar dan komt er weer €. 6,95 verzendkosten bij. Dus waar in welke winkel. Vr.gr. Rob.