Tuesday, August 5, 2008

New Oreos Might Drive You Bananas


Nabisco has yet another addition to its growing family of Oreo cookies. This time it's a Banana Split Creme flavor, apparently an import from Canada. Not being a huge fan of banana-flavored food items, I figured I'd give it a shot even though I did not have high hopes for these cookies. Plus I was in the mood for eating something yellow. Even better, they were on sale. (In case you wonder how I eat my Oreos, I like to twist off the top of my cookie and then eat the creme separately. Now that you have that scintillating fact, we can return to the review.) Well, these Oreos certainly taste like bananas (artificial ones, of course) and are reminiscent of banana candy. They are quite sweet and very addictive, although three or four at one sitting was more than enough for me. I enjoyed these Oreos but I don't believe I like them as much as some of the other flavors available, such as the mint, white fudge, or even the regular Oreo. Labeled "limited edition," they may not be around on store shelves very long so make like a banana and split to find 'em.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you get them? I've been looking all over manhattan...

Theresa said...

Found them at Associated Supermarket on 14th and Ave. A. But last time I was there I did not see them. If I see them in the neighborhood I will alert you.

Anonymous said...

Please, can you PM me and tell me few more thinks about this, I am really fan of your blog...