Thursday, January 1, 2009

This Much Is True: Pistachio Crisps Are Addictive


Pistachio is not a commonly used nut and except for ice cream and Italian cookies I can't really think of another food that uses this green seed. So when I saw the television commercial for TrueNorth's Pistachio Nut Crisps I was very interested in tracking this snack down. It took me awhile though as I couldn't find one grocery store that stocked it. Finally I found them in Rite Aid, of all places, in their "food" aisle. Ironic, I thought, as Frito-Lay (of Cheetos, Doritos and Tostitos fame) is attempting to present their TrueNorth line as a healthier snack. I also thought the name TrueNorth sounded more like an insurance company but regardless, I wanted to give these snacks a try. I thought there was a better than even chance that these would be delicious but let me just say that they are way better than that. They are super-addictive and it is very difficult to stop eating them until the bag is finished. Even better, they're 100 percent natural and contain five grams of protein per serving. I suppose it's not a great idea to eat the entire bag in one sitting but you could do worse. I'm going to try the other flavors and varieties which are no doubt also amazing: Nut Clusters (Roasted Peanut, Toasted Almond, Pecan-Almond-Peanut); Nut Crisps (Almond, Peanut); and Whole Nuts (Pecan-Almond-Walnut-Pistachio). Go nuts if you want!

http://www.truenorthsnacks.com/

No comments: