Saturday, March 7, 2009

Topps' Amazing Technicolor Wazoo Candy


I'd read about this crazy candy bar, Wazoo, on some blogs. I set out to find this baby blue-colored candy in 7-11 (no luck) and then some other random shops that had candy sections where I also came up empty. Then I realized, where has my mind been? The mecca of all things not healthy for you will surely have it. That's right, Economy Candy. So I set out for a walk to the Rivington Street joint and what do I find? Not only the Blue Razz Wazoo but sister bar, Wild Berriez Wazoo. Now, I've tried some weird-looking products in my lifetime but these bars might take first place. My initial thought was that they look like something a child made with Play-Doh. Blue Razz is baby blue with layers of dark pink and a darker blue, while Wild Berriez is lavender purple with pink and yellow layers. Each 1.6 ounce bar is topped with colorful and tangy crunchies which I swear I am still finding all over my living room floor. The label states that the "crunchy candy topping" is made in Thailand. Do we not have sprinkles in the States? I did not expect to enjoy these bars but they are fruity and tasty and somehow not sickeningly sweet. I will give the candy creators at Topps credit for coming up with something very different but it might be too out there for most. If you can get over the explosion of color it's worth a try.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

But, do they taste good?

Mrs. K said...

where do you buy them?
my son is crazy about this particular bar. he had me sit with him to watch the commercial we have loked everywhere. i cant find it i also tried looking in topps.com who is suppose to be the manufacturer but found nothing. we live in los angeles ca. any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Theresa said...

To answer some questions asked in the comments section here: I do think these bars taste good--it's just that they are so bizarrely designed that one can't help but feel like they are biting into a giant piece of rainbow-colored sugar. Would I buy them again? Sure. Not too often but every once and a awhile.
As for where to buy them, try Economy Candy which is on Rivington Street here in NYC. Their site is economycandy.com. I know for a fact that they sell both Wazoo bars in the store. If it's not listed on their site, give them a call. Maybe they'll mail them to you. If not, let me know and we can work something out--your son should not go without this bar. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

The company that made these for topps has gone bankrupt and will nolonger produce the Wazoo bars. Unless someone picks up production for topps, you won't be seeing these things for much longer. This begs the question; why the big add campaign on Nickelodian?

Anonymous said...

Just as well, I googled this bar to find out if anyone had an allergic reaction to it. My son has had blue-green diarrhea off and on for 2 days. I had planned on not buying this nutritional nightmare ever again anyway.If I had read the list of ingredients it never would have made it home with me. And NO he does not have swine flu his temp is fine.

Anonymous said...

I buy the Wazoo bar at Toys R Us. It's the only place that I can find them where I don't have to order them online.

Unknown said...

I've got Wazoo candy bars to sell if anyone in Los Angeles or Orange County is interested! I can also mail them anywhere in the U.S., but there's a chance they may melt a bit during transit. If interested, please email mochimagoo@gmail.com

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Interesting post... Looks like flash memory is really beginning to become more popular. Hopefully we'll start seeing a drop in SSD prices soon. Five dollar 32 gig Micro SD Cards for your Nintendo DS flash card... sounds gooooood.

(Submitted by Nintendo DS running [url=http://knol.google.com/k/anonymous/-/9v7ff0hnkzef/1]R4i[/url] Qezv2)