Sunday, July 15, 2007

Now It's Really Miller Time ... Chelada Style


While watching television last night, I happened to catch a spot for a new beer by Miller called Miller Chill. I am a fan of beer, mostly the girlie-types like Hoegaarden and Corona, although at times Dos Equis, Tecate, Red Stripe or Negra Modelo work just fine as well. Needless to say, I've always found the manly brews from the Anheuser-Buschs and Millers to be undrinkable. Nonetheless I'm always a sucker for trying a new beer that sounds as though it could be very delicious so I set out to track down a Miller Chill, which is a beer that is inspired by a traditional Mexican recipe known as the "chelada," which is slang for the Spanish words "helada" (iced), and "chela" (beer); basically it's to serve light beer with a bit of fresh lime juice over ice in a salt-rimmed glass. My Chelada hunt only lasted two stores as I found it in a nearby bodega after coming up empty at The Food Emporium (I thought maybe it would be stocked for the NYUers, silly me). Even if the beer sucked, I'd be interested in trying it based solely on the green bottle which is quite eye-catching. After chilling my Chill, it was time for the taste test. I opened up my lil greenie and the verdict is in. Although I don't taste too much of the salt, the lime really shines through and it's quite refreshing. I'd say that people who enjoy Corona/Corona Light, Stella Artois and that ilk will really enjoy this beer. It's sort of like having a margarita in beer form. Miller's really gotten it right with this one and I think I'll now head out to pick up a few more Chills to have on hand in the fridge. What do you think? Will you be Chill-in with me?


www.millerchill.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. LOVE this beer. It really sucks that it's not available in Canada and I have to bring it home with me when I visit the US. Unfortunately it sounds like it may never get north of the border so I guess I'll be making several more trips south.

Anonymous said...

Sweet website, I hadn't come across itsgoodtome.blogspot.com previously in my searches!
Keep up the wonderful work!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://longchampsoldesk.page.tl/]sac longchamp[/url] When it comes to choosing bags designed specially for the iPad, there are several options to consider. From iPad handbags, to crossbody iPad bags to luxury leather ipad bags that will make your friends cry with envy. Noble and Fashion Mulberry Bayswater Natural Leather Briefcase Light Coffee for Men,Quality Guarantee Mulberry Handbags UK! Your iPad bags should be cool and trendy like your shiny new device.
[url=http://www.freewebsite-service.com/longchampbagsd/Blog.php]longchamp soldes[/url] In a business situation there are alternate levels of products that Highly Appreciated Mulberry Women's East West Bayswater Mixed Buckle shoulder Purple Bag, Cheap Mulberry Bags Outlet Online Sale With 100% Quality Guarantee. can be used as holiday giveaways. Promotional gifts are surely appropriate for a certain level of these gifts. Obviously if you have a client that spends loads of dollars, there would be better choices instead of a basket of promotional mugs and holiday coffee.
[url=http://longchampmoinse.bloguez.com/]sac longchamp[/url] In the beginning, the Louis Vuitton brand gained recognition and popularity for manufacturing high-quality traveling trunks, which were known especially for the designer luggage pattern: a beige-on-chestnut monogram, "LV" The classic, permanent Louis Vuitton lines are the Signature Monogram Canvas, Damier Canvas, Vernis, Denim, Mini Lin, Monogram Multicolore, Epi Leather, Mahina and Surya. Popular styles include the Speedy, Alma, Papillon, Neverfull and Keepall. By Mulberry Luggage Bag online store sale Mulberry Women's Bayswater Leather Clutch Light Coffee Bag outlet sale 1914, the Louis Vuitton Building opened on the Champs-Elysees.. Rather than reading the newspaper first thing in the morning and watching broadcast television news every night, people can find out what's happenin . Not all of them can really make you any serious money. I have listed below the business opportunities which I consider worthwhile and lucrative..