Monday, March 10, 2008

Ahoy! I Love It Big & Soft


Despite what this blog often has as entries, believe it or not I don't always have a sweet tooth. In fact, I rarely had a hankering for chocolate or cookies until my co-worker ML came onboard. Several days during the week, I'll accompany ML to the local deli to pick up lunch. And each day ML gets a chocolate bar (her candy of choice is Kinder Bueno). Sometimes ML will get a bag of cookies to share with everyone. Sometimes I get to it too late and there's only one or part of one cookie left. So thanks to ML, I now notice cookies in the grocery store. And to that end, my thinking has always been if you want a cookie (or cookies), then darn it eat a cookie. I've always thought that the 100 calorie packs are a bit of a joke. I mean how often do you finish eating one of those tiny "treats" and think, "Hmm, should I have another?," or perhaps you've said, "Was that cardboard with chocolate?" Go ahead, keep sticking your fingers in that bag. There ain't nothing left. Those packs are so puny they don't even leave crumbs. They are a pathetic tease. Smartly, Nabisco has debuted its new line of cookies which I think makes more sense. For 80 calories more, you can now have a delicious, tasty treat without feeling guilty (well, I don't). Nabisco's Big & Soft cookies come in boxes of eight, with each cookie individually wrapped so it's easy to transport and/or snack on while you are on the go. Or toss Biggie Soft in your bag to eat as a snack later at work and make your co-workers jealous. Thus far I've tried the Chips Ahoy! Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Big & Soft and I was very satisfied. You can also pick up the Nutter Butter and Chocolate Chunk versions. I suspect you won't go wrong no matter what you choose. So go ahead and have a more substantial and tasty snack. ML, this cookie's for you.

www.nabiscoworld.com/chipsahoy/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed Nabisco Chip's Ahoy cookies for quite some time now and when they came out with the new pull tab and seal packaging, it made it that much easier to get at those delicious cookies. Then I thought, would the stock boy or customer be tempted to open the package in the store and help themselves? I opened up my new bag of Chip's Ahoy last night and,you guessed it, about 10 cookies were missing from my package.

Anonymous said...

Chips Ahoy Chewy Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip Cookies are sickening sweet.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.