Thursday, September 27, 2007

What's Big, Chocolatey & Mean? Java Monster, Of Course


I'm not big on energy drinks. With few exceptions, most of them are filled with loads of sugar as well as other ingredients (chemicals?) that I cannot pronounce or spell, and they taste like cough medicine. When I do feel the "need for speed," I usually grab a can of Rockstar Zero or Lo-Carb Monster Energy. As anyone who checks out this blog knows, I do love coffee and Monster has come up big with Java Monster, a three-can selection of morning brews that taste absolutely delicious. First of all, they blow the metal off of the puny and overpriced fancypants Starbucks iced frappacrappochinos or doubleshots, and at a 15 ounce size are a much better bargain your average canned iced coffees. Java's selection includes the scarily named "Big Black," a strong coffee-flavored drink for the "I'll take mine black" imbibers; French Vanilla is the main ingredient in "Mean Bean"; while "Loca Moca" has more of a chocolately mild flavor. They're all worthwhile to try out and you can kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. You can now have your coffee and get a doubleshot of caffeine to really wake yourself up for your important and special job. Two big black jumpy beans up from me, Hansen Beverage Company. Well done.

No comments: