Saturday, April 5, 2008

Don't Limit My Diet Dr Pepper Cherry Chocolate!


I'm very late to the game for the Diet Dr Pepper Cherry Chocolate bandwagon. However, there's a good reason for that: I couldn't find the darn beverage anywhere in New York City. I've searched countless bodegas, grocery stores and specialty shops and always came up empty. But then along came Mel, who came through like Eli Manning in Super Bowl XLII. Mel happens to also enjoy trying offbeat flavored sodas and he mentioned that he picked up some of the Cherry Chocolate soda, which he liked quite a bit. He was kind enough to offer to grab some cans from Target and finally last week there it was sitting in my office. I admired the pop art-style artwork that adorns the cans and brought some home, making sure they got nice and chilled. Then it was time to take a sip. And it did not disappoint. The sweet soda starts out with the familiar Dr Pepper taste and a cherry flavor, finishing with a nice little blast of chocolate. Personally I think it's one of the best sodas I've ever had the pleasure to meet. It's limited edition availability is over after April so I'd suggest stocking up. It may or may not return depending on its sales figures but as far as I'm concerned I'd love to see it return permanently and be able to actually buy some on my own. I'm rationing my last few cans and I won't be happy when they're gone. To quote (more like, butcher) the old Dr Pepper jingle, "I'd like this to be a Pepper too."

http://www.drpepper.com/

No comments: