Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Pringles Pickle Chips Really Are Extreme


Potato chips that taste like pickles are not everyone's cup of brine. About a year ago I tried Lay's Dill Pickle Potato Chips which were interesting and quite pickle-y, but a bit on on the bland side, at least for me. Along comes Pringles' Extreme Flavors line which includes Screamin' Dill Pickle, Kickin' Cheddar, and Blazin' Buffalo Wing. I was most interested in the latter chips as my first choice but alas, my local deli only carried Dill Pickle and Cheddar so I bought a canister of Screamin' and thought I'd see what some of my co-workers thought. ML (previously mentioned on this blog for her love of Kinder's Bueno chocolate bar) wasn't all that impressed as she thought they were "too tangy," while Belle and Kristen ate just a few and said they were "pretty good." I suspect they were not exactly feeling the Screamin' pickle chip love and didn't want to indulge any further in my "weird" purchase. I took the Extreme plunge myself too, and I'll admit they are an acquired taste. They are an assault to your taste buds but in a good way. I regard these Screamin' Dill Pickle chips as the nasty cousin to the Lay's Dill Pickle chips. I'd like to say that you cannot possibly eat too many at one time but I just finished them before I wrote this post. Of course that was for research purposes.

http://www.pringles.com/pages/products/extreme.shtml

No comments: