Sunday, June 17, 2007

I'm Wild For This Strawberry

No sooner do I write that I'm done with "on the go" beverage mixes when I spot Crystal Light's Wild Strawberry-flavored On The Go Energy drink mix nearby the checkout aisle. I am a sucker for strawberry and the pink package is so cute so, oh alright I'll give it a try. I'm happy to say that not only is the beverage, when mixed, also a cute pink but it's also tres tasty. I do find it to be too sweet and I always add more H2O to water it down (of course I could always put less mix in the bottle but why make it easier?) but it's got a wonderful strawberry flavoring that does not taste artificial like so many of the berry-tinged beverages. I also want to point out that Crystal Light has another winner in its On The Go line in the White Tea with Blueberry flavor. It also has a surprisingly nice blueberry flavor and is an excellent antioxidant drink if you are looking for that type of beverage. The strawberry mix contains 60mg of caffeine per serving (hence the "energy" tag) while both have aspertame as the sweetener. So depending on your mood and/or taste, you can go for the Crystal Light aspertame, or the PUR Flavor Options' flavored water which contains sucralose. Mmmm, artificial...


http://www.crystallight.com

No comments: