Saturday, June 2, 2007

A Luna Tea Cake Landing



Being the typical New Yorker who's always on the run, I try to have a nutritional or "energy" bar on hand at all times. I tend to think of bars in the following ways: a PowerBar is somewhat masculine, while Balance bars are sort of unisex. Then there's ones in the middle: Clif, Odwalla, the list goes on and on. One of my favorites is Luna, a bar especially made for women. They're more dainty than most bars and come in several tasty flavors. They may not be as temptingly delicious as they sound--Chocolate Peppermint Stick, Peanut Butter Cookie--but they don't taste like a shoe either. In addition to the usual fare, the company has come up with a product called Luna Tea Cakes. When I first read about these, I wasn't sure what to make of them as they sound like something I should eat while visiting Queen Elizabeth. The Tea Cakes are also not shaped like the usual bars; instead they are a mere 1 inch by 2.5 inches and come in a set of two with a "perforated" cut in the middle for easy snacking on the run. They are thicker and more tasty (they're infused with The Republic of Tea teas) than the bars as well but if you're like me, you'll wind up eating two of them. The flavors and claims on the packaging are interesting as well: Orange Blossom is for "healthy skin," while Berry Pomegranate gives you "longevity," and Vanilla Macadamia promotes "mood balance." So I guess if I eat enough of these I'll live a long time, have terrific skin and fly through menopause with no problem. Sounds good to me. If you do give these a try--and you should, especially Orange Blossom--make sure you "Take a Luna Moment," which is printed inside each package. I'm sure no one who's eaten this product has even noticed that someone worked very hard to come up with such positive reinforcement.

www.lunabar.com


No comments: