Saturday, June 16, 2007

Flavorful Water Is PUR Genius


I finally broke down and ordered the PUR Flavor Options from drugstore.com. I figured since it came with a free pack of the peach flavor cartridges that it was a good deal (which it was), plus I simply could not find it anywhere in New York City. I guess the store buyers weren't convinced that anyone would purchase this pitcher except me. I am not a big fan of drinking plain water. However I've also been trying to kick the soda habit and oh yeah, water is good for you. What I've been doing for years is buying the "on the go" packets of powder and adding it to my water which always seem to be too sweet. It didn't seem to make much sense that I was "on the go"-ing while I'm in my home watching the Mets and drinking water. There must be something better and it finally arrived. The PUR Flavor Options is a brilliant idea for those who are fans of flavored water. The product puts all of the flavor decision in your hands: you can have as little or as much of peach, raspberry or strawberry flavor, you desire, or none at all. And they've finally added a light on the pitcher which indicates when you should change the filter. In all my years of using first Brita and now PUR, I swear the indicator on the filter never moved. One you get the hang of using the pitcher, you'll love it. One issue is finding a store that actually carries the cartridges but I'm sure now that I've purchased the product I'll see it everywhere I go (doesn't it always work that way?). I'd like to see a lemon and a mango flavor sometime soon too. To borrow from the Guinness ads: "Brilliant!"

www.purflavoroptions.com

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Thanks for letting me know that this is a "thing"! I've always thought that it should be.

Unknown said...

i can check to see if target carries them next time i'm on the island. you can find almost anything at target!

Anonymous said...

i have yet to find the cartridges in a local store