Tuesday, June 19, 2007

TUC This In Your Mouth


I came across a display in Associated housing something called TUC, small yellow packages of crackers. Being that I was unfamiliar with this brand I took a closer look and noticed the European styling of the packaging as well as the intriguing flavors: salt & pepper, paprika, sesame and original. I struggled with the decision to go with salt & pepper over paprika which is kind of like choosing between butterscotch and caramel. I wasn't all that excited over crackers to be honest but hey, salt and pepper is a great flavor for potato chips so it must be pretty good for crackers too. Pretty good is an understatement. TUC is the bomb! There is no need to put anything on these babies as they are outstanding just by themselves. The taste of the salt and pepper really pops and I dare you not to eat the entire package in one or two sittings. And they were reasonably priced at $1.09 for 3.53 ounces so guess who's going back for paprika and another salt and pepper? (note: I did try the paprika flavor and did not care for it. S&P is the way to go.) A few little tidbits about these crackers: TUC stands for "The Unique Cracker," and indeed it is. Also hold a cracker up to the light--you'll see the word "TUC" in pinpricks on the cracker. I assume that has something to do with the baking process but it also gives the cracker a "unique" touch. I'm not sure exactly where these crackers come from--the site says the company is in Ireland, the package lists France, but it doesn't matter. If you're lucky enough to find TUC in your market, give them a try. I guarantee a Truly Unbelievable enCounter!

http://www.jacobfruitfield.com/brands/tuc/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg, I grew up on Tuc. We always had them in the house. Now that you've mentioned them here I'll have to go out and buy some for old time's sake. What a blast from the past. Thanks, Foodielicious.

Anonymous said...

So far, I've tried the S & P and now have gone halfway through a pack of the Paprikas. The S & P seems to have more P than S, and I am liking the Paprika flavored ones. On their site, they don't have Paprika, but they do have BBQ flavor.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh i got the paprika ones in germany when i was abroad and i LOVED them! I have to find some in the US so if anyone knows where they are please let me know =]